Become a valued member of our dedicated and diverse volunteer team at Brisbane Private Hospital.
Volunteers are an essential part of our hospital and are cherished by our patients, doctors and nurses. They play a key role in helping people find their way around the hospital, provide beautiful care to our patients, and helpful support to our busy staff.
Generally, volunteers attend the hospital at various times between Monday to Friday, 8.30am-2.00pm.
If you have friendly customer service skills, a positive can-do attitude and want to make a difference in your community, we’d love to hear from you.
You can become involved in many interesting areas of our hospital. This includes:
- Meeting and greeting members of the public
- Helping visitors find their way around the hospital and provide information and directions
- Escorting patients around the hospital
- Visiting patients for a friendly chat
- Helping out with meals
- Social activities like playing games, art, craft and music
- Tending to flowers
- Helping with the library trolley
- Comfort rounding
- Helping staff with administration
- Distributing mail
- Running errands
- Distributing uniforms
- Helping to pack patients’ belongings
- Escorting patients to their pick-up area
- Assisting with patient feedback
How to apply
Complete the below expression of interest form. We’ll get in touch to discuss any current opportunities. We’ll then invite you for an interview and undertake reference checks. We’ll also ensure your immunity is compatible to volunteering in a busy hospital environment.
Volunteering - Expressions of Interest
For more information please email the Brisbane Private Marketing Department at BPHmarketing@healthscope.com.au.